Two desserts in a row?! Yes indeed, because I have a massive sweet tooth and can never get enough (especially if we’re talking about pancakes). Although I must say, if you follow me you may have noticed that I use very little sweetener in my recipes so I have successfully convinced myself that it’s OK to eat multiple homemade sweets in a day.
These pancakes are soooo fluffy, each time I finish them I feel like I haven’t eaten anything at all! They are super easy and quick to make, which is always a plus. They also keep well in the fridge both in pancake and batter form – I usually prefer to let the batter sit in the fridge overnight to let it rise and get bubbly but if for whatever reason you need to cook all of them and store a few, just know that you can do it!
I like the lime-vanilla-poppy seeds combo but of course you can opt for whichever flavors you prefer. I must try coconut-chocolate and cinnamon-blueberry soon! I hope you go make them right now because it will only take you a handful of minutes! Go!
Lime, vanilla and poppy seed yoghurt pancakes
by Marta Giaccone
serves 2 (yields about 10 small pancakes)
prep time: 5 mins, cook time: 5 mins, total time: 15 mins
¾ cup / 100 gr spelt flour (or other flour of choice)
½ cup + 1 tbsp / 150 ml plant-based milk
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp / 100 ml vegan yoghurt
1 tbsp maple syrup (or other sweetener)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon or apple cider vinegar
seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lime zest, grated
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Whisk together milk, yoghurt, oil, sweetener, vanilla and lemon/vinegar.
- Fold in flour, baking powder, ½ tbsp poppy seeds and 1 tbsp lime zest. Whish until well incorporated.
- Let batter sit in the fridge, covered, for at least a few minutes (or up to overnight!)
- Heat up a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Once very hot, lower the flame to medium.
- Cook the pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side depending on heat and size. The first side is done when you see bubbles appearing on the surface. Flip over.
- Serve topped with more zest, poppy seeds and maple syrup!